The PlasmaLab System 100 PECVD system is hosted by the Pratt Microfabrication Facility, and is configured to deposit high quality silicon dioxide, silicon nitride and silicon oxynitride films with thicknesses up to several microns via a plasma-assisted chemical reaction process.
- Available Chemistries: 5% SiH4 in 95% N2, NH3, N2O, N2, Ar, He and 80% CF4 in 20% O2
- Substrate accommodation: Small samples up to 8″ wafers
- Deposition temperature: 250C – 400C
- Typical Rate: 4-40 nm/min (oxide), 10-100 nm/min (nitride)
- Automated sample loading with load-lock chamber
The Expertech CTR-200 LPCVD system is hosted by the Pratt Microfabrication Facility, and is configured to deposit high quality silicon nitride films via a high temperature, low-pressure chemical reaction process.
- Available Chemistries: 1:3 H2SiCl2:NH3 (Stoichiometric), 4:1 H2SiCl2:NH3 (Low-Stress)
- Substrate accommodation: 4″ and 6″ wafers
- Deposition Temperature: 760C – 880C
- Typical Rate: 3-4 nm/min
The Bruce Oxidation Furnace is hosted by the Pratt Microfabrication Facility. The furnace is able to grow oxide films on silicon wafers using a dry or wet oxidation process.
- Substrate accommodation: Up to 4” wafers (batches)
- Temperature recipes available up to 1250C
- Wet & dry oxidation chemistries available
- Programmable multi-step temperature ramping
- Motorized loading arm for wafer boats
The ATC Orion 5 Sputter Deposition System is hosted by the Pratt Microfabrication Facility. The system is used to deposit thin film dielectric and metal materials (including magnetic materials) onto wafer substrates via a plasma-induced sputter deposition process.
- Targets: See Process Database for Materials
- Argon, oxygen, and nitrogen plasma capability
- Substrate accommodation: Small pieces up to 6″ wafers
- Wafer heating via quartz halogen lamp (RT – 850C)
- Software controlled multi-step recipe design
- Substrate RF/DC biasing capability
- Typical Rate: 0.5-3 Å/s
The Angstom Nexdep Electron Beam Evaporator is hosted by the Pratt Microfabrication Facility. The system is used to deposit thin metal films onto wafer substrates using an electron-beam vapor deposition process.
- Source Materials: Au, Al, Cr