The AWB-04 Aligner Wafer Bonder is hosted by the Pratt Microfabrication Facility. This tool is used to seal and encapsulate MEMS/IC device structures and create 3D interconnects on wafer-level devices.
- Anodic, Direct (Radical Activated), Eutectic, Glass Frit, UV Adhesive, Solder & Thermocompression Bonding
- In-situ alignment accuracy: 1 micron
- 10-6mbar Vacuum to 2bar process gas
- Substrate accommodation: Small chips and 3″- 4″ wafers
- Temperature Range: Up to 560° C
- In-situ UV cure capability
- Configured to support aligned polymer micro hot embossing and nano-imprinting
SCS 2010 Parylene Coater
The SCS 2010 Parylene Coater is hosted by the Bahen Prototyping Facility. The tool is capable of depositing parylene films onto device chips and wafers, protecting them against moisture, dust, chemicals, and temperature extremes that may otherwise cause damage.
- Parylene-C coating only
- Closed-loop parylene vapor-pressure control
- Sample sizes up to 15 cm x 15 cm
- Parylene dimer capacity up to 100 gm
- Three-layer rotating fixture
The DAD3220 Automatic Dicing Saw is hosted by the Pratt Microfabrication Facility. This tool is used to perform high precision dicing of silicon wafers or glass substrates into smaller chips.
- Auto-alignment, auto-focus, and auto-kerf check functions
- Unlimited configurable independent user programs
- 4 programmable cutting channels with 320 degree max rotating angle
- Cutting blades thickness: 100 – 400 micron
- Max substrate size: 6” wafers or 6″ x 6″ substrates
- 160mm x 162mm cutting range
- < 0.005/160 positioning accuracy
- 1.5 kW spindle at 30,000 per minute
The Autosamdri-815B Supercritical Point Dryer is hosted by the Pratt Microfabrication Facility. This tool is used to remove liquid from processed MEMS/NEMS devices without subjecting delicate structures to potentially destructive surface tension forces that are generated during the liquid-to-gas phase change.
- 4″, 3″, 2″ diameter wafer holders and 10mm square die holders included
- Holders are HF compatible and can hold up to 5 wafers or die per process
- Unique chamber inserts maximize efficiency in LCO2 consumption and process time
- Internal filtration system delivers clean LCO2 into process chamber down to 0.4µm
- Chamber illumination with viewing window
- Automatic processing with status LEDs
The HB16 Wire Bonder is hosted by the Pratt Microfabrication Facility. This tool is used to bond thin, electrically conductive metal wire or ribbon between precise locations on chips, slides, printed circuit boards, etc. This technique can be used to complete electrical pathways to small chips for subsequent device characterization or use with larger circuit elements.
- Bond metals: Au, Al in wire and ribbon.
- Ball-wedge and wedge-wedge bonding
- A comprehensive loop profile library
- Automatic, semi-automatic and step modes
- 100 customizable user programs
- Pull testing equipment (bond strength measurement)
- Stitch bonding capability