The PlasmaPro Estrelas100 DRIE System is hosted by the Pratt Microfabrication Facility. The system is used to etch high aspect-ratio anisotropic etch cavities into silicon-based substrates.
- Compatibility with Si and SiO2 substrates
- Substrate accommodation: Small pieces up to 6″ wafers
- Etch Rate: > 25 µm/min (Bosch), > 5 µm/min (Cryo), > 0.5 µm/min (Mixed)
- Uniformity: < ± 3% (Bosch), < ± 5% (Cryo), < ± 5% (Mixed)
- Maximum aspect ratio: 70:1 (Bosch), 30:1 (Cryo), 7:1 (Mixed)
- Selectivity to PR: > 250:1 (Bosch), > 100:1 (Cryo), > 10:1 (Mixed)
- High plasma stability, eliminating ‘first wafer effect’
The Oxford PlasmaPro 100 Cobra ICP-RIE System is hosted by the Pratt Microfabrication Facility. This tool is used to perform inductively-coupled plasma (ICP) reactive ion etching on silicon based materials, including SiO2, Si3N4, and isotropic etching on Si.
- Etch Chemistries: SF6, CHF3, CF4, O2
- SiO2, SiN, and isotropic Si etching
- Substrate accommodation:
- ICP to improve etch rates, profile control, uniformity and selectivity
- Easy-to use computer interface
The Technics 100-E is a Plasma Asher is available for resist stripping and descum processes. The system is hosted by the Wallberg Nanofabrication Facility
- Maximum substrate size: 100 mm2 sample or 4″ wafer
- Plasma chemistry: Oxygen only
- Ultimate Pressure: < 8 x 10-5 Torr
The Pratt Microfabrication Facility hosts two wet processing stations configured for wet etch processes.
- Controlled laminar flow provides a safe class 10 (ISO Class 4) working environment
- Chemistries supported: HF etch, piranha etch, KOH etch, H3PO4 etch, buffered-oxide etch, chrome etch
- Includes all necessary glass and plastic containers for small samples up to 8″ wafers.
- Includes DI water, nitrogen gas utilities, protective sashes, controlled exhaust, acid-resistant gloves, face shields and aprons.